Saturday, July 5, 2014

Summer Fashion Obsessions 2014

We are now three weeks into summer and I have narrowed down what current trends/fashion I am currently lusting after.

Apologies for the lack of images, I'm encountering difficulties embedding.

Midi Skirts
This has been on the radar for some months now but I've been obsessed with midi skirts for years now. I love how demure they are and how they bring about an elegance and sophistication with them. The midi length has been a popular style since the 1920s, if not earlier, but it is most commonly associated with the 1950s.

Mid-height Heels
I think this is a huge relief for those of us who can't really walk in sky high stilettos. Not only is this heel height much easier to walk in, and not to mention practical, it also brings about that retro feel. I love pairing these heels with midi skirts to create an effortless yet stylish outfit.

White
Now this is a bit of a gamble for me here because as a clumsy person, white clothing is not often my friend, but on those hot summer days, wearing white can be more cooling and crisp. Currently I'm loving white blazers, skirts, and heels.

Powder Blue Accessories
My favourite colour has always been blue but this season powder blue seems to be an "it" colour. I believe this year's colour is "radiant orchid" but I'm all over powder blue. It's light and refreshing to the eye and in some ways, almost seems to be a neutral because it doesn't have that 'pop' that the usual shades of blue we're accustomed to, have. Powder blue bags and/or clutches and shoes, my my!

What trends do you love for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment