Saturday, July 12, 2014

A Sandal Dilemma

I have a sandal dilemma. I'm sure many of you have gone through the same thing but at the moment I'm really struggling to find a pair of sandals.

There seems to be a low compromise between a stylish sandal and a sandal that would be comfortable for long distance walking. If I see a rather cute sandal, chances are it will have a flat and hard foot bed and a thin sole. On the flip side, if I find a pair of sandals with a nice supple foot bed and rubber sole, the sandal usually ends up looking very orthopedic.

And then there's the question about blisters, particularly those around the sides or tops of my toes. It's not fun to have to constantly put band aids around your toes, only to find that they've somehow migrated over the 8+ hours of walking and standing you've done in one day.

In a perfect world, I would love to find a pair of sandals that have a moderately thick rubber sole, cushioned foot bed, arch support and no rubbing/blisters. But hey, we don't live in a perfect world, so I'll settle for something that meets most of those requirements. I've heard about Birkenstocks but they just don't look right on my feet.

So what are your favourite comfortable sandals? Leave me your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment