Thursday, June 19, 2014

Review: Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm

I present to you, the rather infamous lip balm- Nuxe Reve de Miel

15g of product

After eyeing the Nuxe Reve de Miel for 2 years, and recently having cracked open my lip (of all seasons) I finally caved in and got myself one.

Anyone else obsessed with trying to keep a product in its untouched state for as long as possible? No? Ok.

Upon opening the jar, you are greeted by a light honey and citrus-y scent (hence the yellow colour of the balm) and a very, very faint taste of sweetness. I didn't find that to be bothersome and it went away quite quickly. This balm is unique in its texture; the balm is kind of like a pomade, due to the beeswax, and it applies matte on the lips. Initially this took a little bit of getting used to because I've been so accustomed to the standard slippery lip balm. I love how because the balm is matte, it can be used under matte lipsticks as a hydrating base. It's also great as a night treatment because it won't slide off your lips onto your bedding.

I loved the packaging of this product, everything from the box itself to the frosted glass jar. The weighty glass jar provides the perfect companion to house the balm because heck, this stuff was no $3 Chapstick (don't worry, I still love you Chapstick), so not only must the product be worth it but so too the packaging. However despite how much I enjoyed feeling fancy whilst applying lip balm, I wouldn't mind if they decided to swap the glass jar for a plastic one in return for charging us a little less.

My only concerns with this product is the jar packaging. In my opinion it hinders how often the product can be used because I think the majority of us don't appreciate sticking a dirty finger into a product. Also a glass jar is not as portable. And as mentioned the jar is made of glass, so that ups the price of the product, although I understand that's the marketing/packaging of their line.

For my Canadian peeps, you can find Nuxe products at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Have you tried any other Nuxe products? I would love to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment