Monday, June 2, 2014

L'occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream Review

Calling all dry skinned lizards, I have found a holy grail hand cream! I received a sample of the original L'occitane 20% Shea Butter hand cream and I am in love. It's incredibly moisturizing and a little goes a long way, so if you're considering this luxury cream, read on!

L'occitane hand creams retail for $12 for a 30ml tube (or $30 for 150ml), so it's not exactly a drugstore hand cream, however if you suffer from severely dry skin or want to treat yourself, I would recommend this.

Shea butter is known to be incredibly moisturizing and to be easily absorbed by the skin. This cream is thick, so you may be tempted to squeeze out more than you need but once you start to rub your hands together, it melts into a spreadable form. I love how once it gets to that spreadable state, it is almost instantaneously absorbed into your skin. No more greasy hands! The shea butter penetrates deep into your skin, hand washing has nothing on it!

The one drawback to this product however is the scent. Personally I love the scent but for others it may remind them of their grandmas or of baby powder. The scent is rather strong, in the likes of a grandma's perfume, but without the floral. I suppose you would say that's simply the scent of the shea butter but I think the intensity of the scent could be taken down a notch or two. However it is worth mentioning that there are other scents, so this may not really be a problem.




No comments:

Post a Comment